Tuesday, October 12, 2010

email of 12 October, 2010

Did you know that I am a missionary? Can you believe that?!?! I AM A MISSIONARY!!!!!!!!!

How in the world do these things happen? I've been thinking a lot about life lately and where I am in mine...I am a missionary. I am actually a sister missionary...almost a returned sister missionary! That's so weird. This was one of those things that I always just kind of thought about (or tried not to think about :), and wondered if I actually would, or even could do, and here I am! I have actually come and served...almost to the end now! I don't know that I ever knew I could really do this, but here I am! It's a little surreal, but not. Actually, I have to choose not to live in the surreal; otherwise I'm too focused on me, and not enough on what I'm here to do, and it won't get done! But that was just a thought I wanted to share this morning...I am a missionary!

And ok, I know this makes me totally sound like an old person, but since when did Thomas get old enough to go join the military?!?! Holy Cow have I lost track of time! I could've sworn he was only 15 or 16, tops; apparently not...congrats though! I hope everything continues going well for him in the National Guard (right?)!

Well, tomorrow's the first day of my twelfth transfer in the field! Pretty crazy! We'll find out our fates tonight...if we're staying or going. I'm guessing that both Sis. Fitzgerald and I will be staying together here in S. Lynwood (which would make her the companion I've been with the longest -- 3 transfers), but who knows! Sometimes President has some funny tricks up his sleeves, so we'll see...

If you don't mind, please say a few prayers for Abraham! He still hasn't been confirmed because he's had to go to Tijuana the last two weekends...first to see his mom before she moved back to Guadalajara, and then this weekend because one of his best friends died. He was so sad, and planned on going down for the weekend, coming back on Sunday or Monday. However, we haven't heard from him yet, so we're really hoping that everything is ok!!!

On the up side of things, we have a new investigator -- Rogelio Montes! He's really great, and we're super excited about him! He's an older single man probably somewhere in his 50's or 60's(...sorry mom and dad! note that I didn't say that he's old...just older). Anyways, we tracted into him a few weeks ago, and were finally able to go back and see him this week! He seems to be a very humble, honest seeker of truth

**quick side note: So yesterday we were playing with/redoing the ringtones on our cell phone, and we recorded us singing the mail song from blues clues for our voicemail alert. So just now, sitting here in the library, all the sudden we hear from Sis Fitzgerald's bag, "Here's the mail, it never fails! It makes me..." SO FUNNY!!! She very quickly grabbed and silenced it, but not before being startled by it and getting a little embarrassed (she gets embarrassed really easily).**

Back to Rogelio! We taught him twice this week, and he came to church (!!!!!!!!!!!!) Sunday, and to a Mission President's fireside Sunday night! He has really good questions, and you can just tell that he wants to be happy and is seeking to know and do the Lord's will. He's scheduled for baptism the 7th of November! He was so cute after church on Sunday because Hermana Lilia (a recent convert of not quite a year who we've been using as a fellowshipper) was talking to him a lot, and had shown him her Book of Mormon where she'd had different missionaries write their names and phone numbers inside the front cover, so he came over to us and asked if we'd do that too in his. He seems very happy and muy contento with everything, and I just love to see him!

We finally had to drop (stop teaching...at least for a while) Faustino and Margie. :( They just weren't progressing, and wouldn't make the gospel a priority right now. UGH! I hope and pray that someday they will, but right now just isn't the time, I guess. It's so frustrating because we know that they know, but there's a lack of willingness in a lot of areas. Oh well. As sad as it is, it's kind of relieving too because it frees us up more to be able to find and teach those who are ready and truly elect right now!

Hopefully you got the little package I sent by now! Mom, thanks again SO MUCH for the cute little Halloween package you sent me! I've been thoroughly enjoying the granola and m&ms, and we'll probably carve our little pumpkins next p-day!

Sorry I haven't actually followed through on telling you about different converts...I may or may not do better at that, but it's whatever!

I'll be singing again at a mission-wide conference on Saturday! Pray for me!

I know the church is true and I love it!!!! I LOVE this gospel, I LOVE the Book of Mormon, and I LOVE being involved in this great work!!!!

I LOVE being a missionary!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Sallie

HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment