Monday, May 25, 2009

Snail mail letter of 13 May 2009

13 May 2009

Family!

So here’s the rest of what I wanted to tell you in the email but either forgot or ran out of time to say! So apparently we can wear jeans here. If you have a chance or can find it in your hearts to send me a pair that I left (I know they’re probably totally packed away by now) I would LOVE it. If not, that’s OK–I’ll survive. : ) My first two days here (Thurs & Fri) I got mail!!! Liahona (of all people) sent me a box of cinnamon rolls on Thurs & then on Friday I got a letter from Elder Mike Richards! What a little sweetie-head, huh? He wrote on my bday, so it was a happy birthday/welcome to the mission letter. So great! He also sent me a bunch of missionary quotes. The best part about both of those was that they were such a total surprise! I understand now why missionaries all love & want mail so much! It’s hard to be away from your family, especially when you’re so used to calling al the time & suddenly you can’t anymore (in case you couldn’t tell, I’m referring to myself here . . .) So I guess what I’m trying to say is PLEASE WRITE!!! Share the love! I love all of you! (I know you’ve been gone and busy–no worries! Just write me lots during my whole mission is all!)

I was going to tell you too, one of the reasons it’s been hard is because there is SO much to learn here & it can get a little overwhelming–like trying to drink from a firehose! No, really!

It’s really fun to do laundry & write letters to church music : ) They play MoTab, BYU Choirs, random instrumentalist stuff, etc. It’s great!

Well, I think that’s about it for not. I’ll write again next week!

I love you!

I love being a missionary!

Hermana Sallie

PS (yes, again) Se que Dios es nuestro Padre Celestial. Jesucristo es Sus Hijo, y es mi Salvador y Redentor. Se que Dios ama nuestro! Jose Smith fue un profeta, y Thomas S. Monson es la profeta vivente. El Libro de Mormon es verdadero y es la palabra de Dios. Se que la iglesia es verdadero. El evangelio es verdadero!

(My testimony in Spanish)

No comments:

Post a Comment