Tuesday, July 27, 2010

email of July 27, 2010

Mija numero tres!!!

Hola, Hola!!!

Well, I was DEAD WRONG about transfers this time! I thought, that since I hadn't gotten a phone call from president by the time I wrote my letter last week, that I was safe, but alas, the phone call came Monday late afternoon! Yep, I'm training again! FLUSH training again, in South Lynwood, which is the only full-field sister Spanish area now! AAAAAAAAH!!! Actually, I was SO excited to come to South Lynwood, because I really wanted to be able to serve in a Spanish area before I die (in the mission), but also a little nervous too about training, especially in Spanish. But it's been really good so far! My new companion is Hermana Stephanie Fitzgerald, from Las Vegas, NV, and she's so excited to be here on a mission! She reminds me a lot of me when I first came out, only more willing and desirous to work hard! Her Spanish is improving a lot every day, though it's still difficult for her, and I know she gets a little down about it sometimes. I won't lie, it has been a little tough for me, getting used to being in an all-Spanish area (this is pretty much little Mexico here), and a lot of the responsibility has fallen on me, but it's been really good too! I got a blessing on Friday after our district meeting, and have been feeling a lot better since then. Sis Fitzgerald is great though, and is working and trying so hard to learn Spanish and be a good missionary!

I'm having to re-learn how to tract, teach and contact because 1) It's all in Spanish, instead of English or Japanese; 2) Everyone already believes in God, and most are Catholic; and 3) Almost EVERYONE will talk to us! I've really only had one, maybe 2 door rejections in the last week here...it's really strange. Also, there is SO MUCH WORK here!!! We have a baptism coming up this Sunday (who is getting married on Saturday -- PLEASE pray for him!!!), and at least 3 other investigators with baptismal dates, plus about 3-4 other/progressing investigators, and just TONS of people who are ready to receive the gospel here!!!! It's amazing, but just a little bit of pressure to make sure that it keeps momentum, and we don't lose anyone!!! So anyways, I'm loving it here! Oh, and the food -- I LOVE real Hispanic food!!!! I don't know that there's anything in this world that I love more than beans, rice, and a hot corn tortilla (well, besides God, my family and baptisms! :)!!!

I have some great pictures I'll try to send next week...my new companion, my old companion, our bikes, and my awesome bike tan-lines!

I'm writing today because the library here is closed on Mondays...we may just try going to an internet cafe next week...that would be way easier.

Anyways, my time is almost gone, but I'm doing well, I love you all, and I know that this church, gospel, and work is true and of the Lord!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE being a missionary!!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Sallie

HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!

ps oh, and I LOVE SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment