Wednesday, November 10, 2010

email of 10 November 2010

Andale pues!?

I love the temple! Today was our temple p-day, and was, as usual, wonderful! It's so nice to be able to go and sort of escape for a little while. I love the purity and peace of the temple, and the beautiful spirit that I feel when I go.

This place is so dirty! It rained Sunday night, so Monday it was super clear -- almost like driving in Utah, the way we could see the mountains! And then today, as we were driving back from the temple, we were back to our usual smog-cover where you can't even tell there are mountains! Dirt and grime and a ridiculous amount of people in such a small area, a lot of wickedness and a lot of good...I love L.A.!

This week is a little crazy for us here! Monday we went on splits with the full-field sister trainers, Sis Nef and Sis Williamson. I got to go downtown with Sis Nef for the day, which was fun! Then today is temple pday, tomorrow is Zone Conference, Friday we have a training till 3, and Sunday is Rogelio's baptism and the departing fireside! It's been kind of a pain trying to set appointments this week! But it's great! Splits were good, the temple was wonderful, I'm thoroughly looking forward to ZC and the training, and, of course, a baptism on Sunday! Can life get better than this?! I submit that it can NOT! (That's for you, Clark, Mike, and Mellers...). Actually, if we could have a few more hours in the week to do our normal work, life would be better, but I still love it!

I don't think I've told you yet about the departing fireside this Sunday! Every month, there's a president's fireside that pres does for recent converts, less actives, investigators, members, whoever. Now they've decided to replace that once a transfer with a fireside by all the departing missionaries. We'll all bear testimony, have some special musical numbers (which I was put in charge of organizing), etc. I'm really looking forward to it, especially since we have the chance to invite RCs, LAs, members, formers, etc from our old areas to come, and we'll have a little bit of time to visit with them afterwards. I'm SO excited for that!!!

Now, as for the work right now! Rogelio is doing great! He's scheduled for baptism this Sunday, and is progressing. We've been teaching/reviewing a lot in the last week and a half, helping him prepare (which has included purging his tiny apartment of coffee and other items not in accordance with the commandments!), and I feel like he's going to be ready! Gladhys is also doing well, but has not been able to make it for church yet...she's so awesome though! She really gets it -- teaches US half the time!

OH! Faustino has come to church the last 2 sundays in a row, and last Sunday he was asked to give the closing prayer in SS!!! He did so good too! I was a little nervous that he'd close in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but he didn't!

I've decided not to be nervous and afraid anymore. I'm just working and living and loving!!!

The church is true!!!!!!!

I Love you SO MUCH!!!!!

I LOVE Being a Missionary!!!

Love,
Hermana Sallie

HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment