Tuesday, September 28, 2010

email of 28 September 2010

Hello Hello Hello!!!!!!

So there's this funny old black man sitting two computers down from me, who has been reading/talking to himself the whole time we've been here. It's not a quite mutter either. He's just reading and talking as if he were talking to someone next to him. Here's what I've learned in about the last 1/2 hour: Pres. Carter is recovering just fine after having been carried off a plane with a stomach ache recently, the U.S. dollar is depreciating (says some Chinese political guy) and is in crisis, and something about the American Dream. I think he started off doing his taxes or something, but now he's just reading news. Out Loud. And it's all we can do not to crack up out loud, though I don't know if he would notice even if we did. :) I'll keep you updated throughout the email with comments like **this**.

How are all of you doing this week?! I am FANTASTIC, here in South Lynwood, California! I have pictures for you from our BAPTISM this weekend, but I'll be sending them next week when I'm hopefully on a computer that I can send them from a little easier.

**We are 3.5 trillion this year**

ABRAHAM (pronounced Ah-Brahm) GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!! Faustino and Margie did not, but they will! Abraham's baptism was wonderful though!!! He is a walking miracle, and the process of finding, teaching, and helping him get baptized has been so incredible! Truly, truly one of the elect! I've decided that from here on out, I'm going to try to include the conversion story of at least one of my converts in my email each week; partially so that you can enjoy reading about and getting to know some of my favorite people in the world, but also to help preserve some of my own memories!

This week: Abraham (duh)!

Abraham is the first baptism in my entire mission that I can attribute to tracting! The very last week of my 10th transfer, Sis. Fitzgerald and I decided to tract one day on a street in our area named 2nd Ave. We were on bike that day, and had been knocking doors for about 15 minutes, when we knocked on a door that was opened by a young man named Hector. Hector is about 15, and seemed pretty interested. He told us he wanted to know if families could be together forever. GOLDEN, right? So as we continued to teach him there at the door, his dad walked up and started talking to us too. He seemed semi-interested, though more so in the two cute white missionary girls standing on his porch than in their message. However, both made return appointments, and we were really excited! So we went back the following Tuesday for our appt with Hector Jr....not there. Oh well, maybe he forgot or changed his mind or something -- he is only 15. Saturday, Sept.4th 2010, we went back for our appt with Hector Sr. He was home -- Yay!

**Obama's seekin' power...evesdroppin'...internet cellphone wire taps**

So we went in and sat down, and Hector began talking to us about how he's Catholic, and how his parent were Catholic, (etc, etc, etc...typical Mexican), and so he was happy to talk to us, but, I mean, OBVIOUSLY he wasn't going to change religion or anything -- he's Catholic! Oh Brother.

BUT, his nephew, Abraham, had just moved in that day from Mexico, and was really interested in learning more! YAY!!!!

Ok, long story really short, we taught Abraham that night, he came to church the next day, we taught him again on Monday, and he committed to getting baptized, and 3 1/2 weeks later he was!!!!!

**there are 433 banks IMMEDIATELY in danger of failing**

Hopefully I can write a more next week!!!

I Love you SO MUCH!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Sallie
...who loves being a missionary!!!

HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment